It's essential to keep your car's transmission running properly whether it’s a manual or an automatic. We can perform Transmission Service on your car right here in Mittagong – Call us today for a quote !
There are two main differences between an automatic and a manual transmission:
- Automatic Transmissions vehicles have not got a clutch pedal.
- There is also no gear stick in an automatic transmission vehicle; once the transmission is put into drive, everything else is automatic.
A manual transmission achieves the various gear ratios needed by locking and unlocking various sets of gears to the output shaft , while an automatic transmission uses the same set of gears to produce the different gear ratios.
Manual transmissions need servicing but it is a less complicated task which involves replacing the fluids and/or making minor adjustments.
Automatic transmissions involve a an intricate network of parts such as a planetary gear set, a set of locking bands, a hydraulic system, clutches, and a large pump to move transmission fluid around and so regular servicing of Automatic transmissions is essential to ensure maximum performance, economy and service life.
Symptons that there are problems with your automatic transmission include:
- Fluids Leaking.
- 'Check Engine' light.
- Clunky transitions between gears.
- Difficulty getting 'into' gear.
- A whining, humming or even a slight buzzing sound.
If you are experiencing any of these issues in your vehicle please call us at Southern Highlands Service Centre in Mittagong Today!
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm